- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp mustard powder
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 6 yellow onions cut in julienne
- 1 cup beer of your choice
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp Some Like It Hot Mustard ( sub any deli style mustard)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- line an 8″ spring form pan with parchment paper.
- Place the butter and milk in a sauce pan and bring to a simmer.
- Place the flour, salt and mustard powder into a bowl and whisk to combine, add the butter and milk and mix with a fork, turn out onto a floured surface and kneed until smooth.
- Split the dough with one portion being slightly larger. Place the larger portion between parchment paper and roll of, place in the bottom of the spring form and work the dough up the sides. Set aside.
- Melt the butter for the onion filling and add the yellow onions, cook until the onions become translucent, add the beer and bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook the onions until they are golden brown and the beer has disappeared.
- In another bowl combine the cheddar, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, sour cream and mustard, mix well.
- Combine the onion mixture and the cheese mixture, mix well and place in the pasty crust.
- Roll the second portion of dough into an 8″ circle and add to the top of the pie. Brush with an egg wash and bake for 60 minutes, allow to cool before slicing.
- Category: entrees, recipes