Mexican Street Corn soup
Mexican Street corn is one of our absolute favorite barbecue items of the summer, if you haven’t tried it, you can find the recipe on our Facebook page.
For what you do in the winter when you don’t feel like standing in front of the grill, but you’re craving that flavor, you make Mexican Street corn Soup!
This brings all the wonderful flavors together in a hearty comforting bowl.
- Place the butter and olive oil in a heavy bottom soup pot and heat.
- Add the corn kernels and sauté until they begin to caramelize.
- Add the onions, jalapenos, and garlic and sauté until the onions are soft.
- Add the flour and seasonings and mix to combine and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, add the chicken stock and sugar stirring well to remove any bits stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and add the salt, cilantro, and heavy cream. Gently heat through.
- Serve with a generous portion of feta cheese and additional cilantro.
- Category:Appetizer, Entree, Soup, Recipes