- 5 ears of corn
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 jalepenio pepper
- 1 yellow onion peeled and cut in half
- 3 green onions
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 4–5 whole lobster tails or 1 lb of lobster meat
- 1/4 cup melted garlic butter
- 1 bag of corn tortilla chip
- 12 Kalamata olives pitted and sliced
- 4 oz Gruyere shredded
- 8 oz mozarella cheese
- 1 cup hollandaise sauce ( recipe here)
- Heat barbecue to 400.
- Rub the vegetables with the canola oil, place on the grill, turning until they are lightly marked approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Remove the vegetables and set aside too cool.
- Prepare the lobster for grilling.
- Using a sharp pair of scissors, split the tail on the underside.
- Use a knife to split the tail avoiding the vein. Take the tail in both hands, break the shell exposing the meat.
- Insert to bamboo skewers down either side to hold the tail flat while cooking.
- Place the lobster tail on the grill hard shell side down, brush the melted garlic butter over the meat, cook for 2 minutes, flip the lobster tail and repeat with the garlic butter, continue to do this for about 15 minutes. Be generous with the lobster butter as this is what will keep the tails moist.
- After 15 minutes the lobster will be slightly undercooked, which is what you’re looking for as it will cook further when the nachos are put into the oven.
- To prepare the vegetables for the nachos, start by removing the kernels from the ears of corn, chop the remainder of the vegetables.
- Remove the lobster meat from the the shells, remove the vein, and chop.
To assemble, place half of the nacho chips on a parchment lined baking tray, top with half of the vegetables ,half of the olives, half of the mozzarella.
Place the remaining chips on top. Top with the remaining vegetables. Add remaining olives, mozzarella and lobster meat. Drizzle the hollandaise sauce and top with the grated gruyere.
Place the baking pan directly onto the barbecue rack and close the lid. Once the cheese is melted remove the nachos and serve.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Appetizers, Entrees, Lobster, Seafood, Recipes