This quick and easy lobster chowder can go from pot to table in less than 30 minutes. With just a few simple ingredients it’s super tasty AND super tasty making it the perfect summer dish! Thanks to out friends at Logan’s Daily Catch for their amazing partnership.
- Total Time: 55 minute
- Yield: Serves 4
- 1 lb Lobster meat ( the meat of 2 lobsters)
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 Bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 lb Baby potatoes, parboiled, cut in fourths,
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 tsp of mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 cups lobster broth ( see method below)
- 1 cup 35% whipping cream
- 1 tsp Hot Under The Kilt Acadian Cajun Seasoning ( substitute Old Bay)
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot.
- Add the onions and the Bay leaf to the oil, Sauté the onions until translucent.
- Season with the salt and pepper, add the potatoes and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the green onions, mustard, mix well and deglaze with the white wine.
- Add lobster broth and bring to a boil, add the cream, return to a boil, reduce to a simmer.
- Add the lobster meat. Cajun seasoning and fresh herbs, simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place lobster shells in a large pot, cover with 16 cups of water, add 1 onion chopped, 2 carrots, 2 stalks of celery., 1 tbsp black peppercorns, 2 bay leaves. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until 8 cups of broth remain, strain and refrigerate or freeze.
- Prep Time: 15 minuits
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Entree, Lobster, Seafood, Lobster, recipe
i would like a simple good fish chowder affordable please