Grilled Meatloaf Sandwich with Zesty Marinara Dip
Grilled meatloaf sandwiches served with marinara sauce for dipping are a delicious and satisfying meal that are perfect for lunch, dinner, or even a snack. This classic comfort food takes the traditional meatloaf recipe and transforms it into a handheld sandwich that’s easy to eat on-the-go.
The grilled meatloaf patty is the star of the sandwich, providing a juicy and flavorful base that’s elevated by the addition of tangy marinara sauce. The garlic butter adds a layer of complexity to the flavor, making each bite an explosion of taste in your mouth.
The bread used for the sandwich is also important, as it can make or break the overall experience. A sturdy bread, such as sourdough or ciabatta, works well to hold the meatloaf patty and sauce without getting soggy. Grilling the sandwich adds an extra crunch and texture that complements the tender meatloaf.
While the sandwich can stand on its own, the addition of marinara sauce for dipping takes it to the next level. The sauce provides a sweet and acidic contrast to the rich and savory meatloaf, enhancing the overall experience. Plus, it’s a fun way to get messy and enjoy the sandwich in a different way.
Grilled meatloaf sandwiches served with marinara sauce for dipping are a delicious and satisfying comfort food that’s perfect for any occasion. The combination of smoky grilled meatloaf, toasted bread, and tangy marinara sauce creates a flavorful experience that will leave you craving more.
- Yield: Serves 2
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 slices of leftover meatloaf
- 4 slices of dense bread
- 2 tbsp garlic butter
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Some Like It Hot Mustard
- 2 oz of shredded gouda
- 2 slices of provolone
- 1/2 diced jalapeno peppers
- 2 slices of red onion, thinly
- 2 slices of swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- heat the olive oil in a skillet. fry the meatloaf until it’s heated through.
- Spread 2 slices of the bread with mayonnaise and the other 2 with mustard.
- Divide the gouda between the two bottom slices, top with the provolone.
- Add 2 slices of meatloaf to each sandwich.
- Top with the red onion, jalapeno and top with the swiss cheese.
- Add the tops, spread with garlic butter and place into a preheated skillet.
- Spread the tops with garlic butter and cook until golden brown on each side.
- serve with your favorite marinara sauce for dipping.
- Category: entrees, beef, recipes
Keywords: Grilled cheese, Meatloaf Sandwich, Cheese, Toasted, bread, Onion, leftovers
Leave A Comment