Corn Griddle Cakes with Tomato and Avocado Salsa
Summertime is about cold food that’s full of refreshing flavors but sometimes I still want a warm component and this recipe brings both. The corn cakes bring that warmth but the salsa definitely brings those fresh flavors. Perfect as an appie or as a light meal.
Tomato and Avocado Salsa
- Place all of the salsa ingredients EXCEPT for the goat cheese in a bowl, stir well and refrigerate until needed.
- Combine all of the dry corn cake ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl mix together the milk, egg and olive oil, stir into the dry ingredients.
- melt the butter on a flat top or skillet, drop 1/4 cup the batter ( larger if using as a main meal) onto the flat top and grill until golden brown on the bottom, repeat and brown the other side.
- To serve place a corn cake on a plate and top with the salsa finish with a squeeze of lime and a generous amount of goat cheese.
- garnish with a sprig of cilantro.
- Prep Time:20 minutes
- Cook Time:10-12 minutes
- Category:Entrees, Recipes