Cheesy Smoked Cod Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Our favorite seafood store Logan’s Daily Catch is now stocking one of our favorites; smoked cod! well, we love any smoked fish really!
Smoked fish is wonderful in chowders, fishcakes and in our case; stuffed potatoes!
Serve them as is or as a side dish, adding a bit of blanched broccoli would be a great way to add in a little green for a complete meal.
Cheesy Smoked Cod Stuffed Potato Skins
- Yield: Serves 4-8 1x
- 4 russet potatoes 2 tbsp olive oil
- coarse sea salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 lb smoked cod
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 cup poaching milk
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- drizzle of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400
- Rub the potatoes with the olive oil, place on a baking sheet and sprinkle with the salt. Bake until fork tender.
- Place the milk in a sauté pan and bring to a gentle simmer, add the fish and poach for 10 minutes, remove the fish and reserve the liquid.
- Cut the potatoes in half and scoop out 3/4 of the filling leaving a nice potato base at the bottom.
- set the skins aside and place the potato into a bowl, add the reserved milk, butter and sour cream, mix well blend in the cheddar cheese and fold in the smoked cod, green onion, fresh dill and season with the salt and pepper. drizzle with olive oil.
- Place the filling back into the potato skins, place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Category: entrees, Sides, Fish, recipes
Why dis you reserve the milk?
Whoops! Fixed, thank you!