- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced,
- 10 mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 500 ml heavy cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup grated cheddar
- 3 tbsp fresh herbs
- 1/2 box large, shelled pasta, cooked el dente
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 oz grated parmesan
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan, add the onion, shallots, red pepper and jalapeno. Cook until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the mushrooms and seasonings, cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine.
- Add the heavy cream, cream cheese and grated cheddar, cook on medium high until the cheese has melted, reduce to a simmer and cook until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Fold in the fresh herbs, pasta and chicken.
- Place in a casserole dish and top with the grated parmesan and green onion.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Category: Entree, Chicken, Pasta, Recipes