We have seen ton of recipes for campfire doughnuts on the internet but all of them rely on canned biscuit dough, which is handy if you’re actually sitting around a campfire but since we were in our home kitchen we decided to experiment with a homemade biscuit dough, it was a definite success!
The important thing with these biscuits is to keep them to a 1/2″ high and to keep your oil at a steady 350F
- Heat the oil to 350F
- Prepare the biscuit recipe and the lemon curd recipe.
- Cut the biscuit dough into rounds that are 1/2″ thick.
- Drop into the oil and fry until golden brown.
- Place the doughnuts on a baking tray lined with paper towel, let cool for a few moments.
- Poke a hole in the side of the doughnut and gently twist to open up a cavity in the center ( we used a chopstick).
- Place the cooled curd into either a piping bag or a squeeze bottle and fill the doughnut.
- Place the sugar in a paper bag and add the filled doughnut, gently shake to coast the doughnut with sugar.
- Prep Time:45 minutes
- Cook Time:5-6 minutes
- Category:baking, recipes