Butter Basted Steak with Mushroom Red Wine Sauce (Oui, Chef! Class)
This method of doing steak is not as hard as one might think, and it allows you to produce restaurant quality steaks at home. The Mushroom Red Wine sauce will elevate it yet again. Who are you going to impress with this incredible meal?
Butter Basted Steak with Mushroom Red Wine Sauce
- Yield: Serves 4
Butter Basted Steak
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, gut in 6
- 4 sprigs of rosemary, bruised
- 4 6oz tenderloin steaks
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Mushroom and Red Wine Sauce
- 8 oz mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1/2 tsp Some Like It Hot Mustard (sub-Dijon)
- 1/2 tsp Bad Ass Burger Booster (sub-Montreal Steak Sauce)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 oz red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 250*
- Season both sides of the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat a cast iron over high heat, add the butter, when melted add the rosemary and garlic.
- Place the steaks in the pan, do not turn the steaks, tip the pan away from you and begin butter basting the steaks until the meat is no longer ed on the outside.
- Place a cooling rack over a sheet pan and place the steaks on the rack. Place the rosemary and galic on top and place in the oven.
- Let the butter cool slightly, return the pan to high heat and add the mushrooms, sauté until all of the butter has been absorbed by the mushrooms.
- Add the mustard, Worcestershire sauce and seasoning, deglaze with the red wine stirring up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Combine the flour and olive oil, mix until smooth and add to the sauce, cook until thickened.
- Check to ensure that steak is cooked to your liking, let steak for 5-10 minutes then serve topped with the sauce.
- Category: Entrees, Beef, sauce, Recipes
Leave A Comment