Asian Style Crab Dumplings
- 48 dumpling wrappers
- 1 lb Jonah crab meat (or crab of your choice)
- 2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Black Vinegar Soya Dipping Sauce
- 1/4 cup soya sauce
- 2 tbsp black vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ginger, minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp chili oil
- Combine the crab, soya sauce, ginger, green onion, cilantro, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Place 1 tsp of the filling in the center of each dumpling wrapper, wet the edge with water, fold over and pinch to seal.
- Repeat until all of the filling has been used.
- Place 3-4 inches of water in a sauté pot and place a steamer basket on top.
- Place parchment in the steamer basket and add the dumplings, don’t overcrowd, cover and steam for 4-5 minutes. Repeat with remaining dumplings. At this point you can freeze any dumplings that are not being cooked straight away.
- Place 2 tbsp of olive oil in a sauté pan, heat and add the dumplings sautéing until golden brown.
- Combine the ingredients for the dipping sauce and serve with the dumplings.
- Category: Appetizer, Entree, Seafood, recipes